NGINX Controller is an 8-hour course that shows students how to install the NGINX Controller 3.x software and manage NGINX instances with a devOps perspective of applications and APIs.
In the NGINX Controller class, you’ll install version 3.x of the Controller server as well as the Controller agent software on NGINX Plus instances. You will configure an app and an API using the Controller software. You’ll create users, set alerts based on the metrics collected, and tag, filter, and graph metrics on custom dashboards. You’ll secure your app using an access policy and encryption. NGINX Controller gives you a solid foundation for using the Controller software with hands-on practice using its API.
After completing the course, you will be able to
- Install NGINX Controller v3.x
- Install NGINX Controller Agent on NGINX Plus
- Locate NGINX Controller and NGINX Plus log files
- Configure NGINX to allow collection of additional NGINX metrics
- Monitor system metrics
- Monitor additional NGINX metrics
- Create pre-configured dashboards
- Create custom dashboards including individual graphs and values
- Create new users using RBAC
- Create alerts based on thresholds
- Configure and test NGINX load balancing methods
- Create and configure secure access to applications using the Controller API
- Configure an API
- Create an endpoint
- Configure backends
- Add an API base path and resources
- Set policy on an API environment
This class is intended for admins and DevOps professionals wishing to become familiar with the capabilities of the NGINX Controller software.
No prior experience with NGINX is required. Participants should have a basic understanding of web servers. Currently, the installation of the Controller and Agent software is done at the command line, but most of the work is done in the UI and all instructions are provided in the course guide.